May 21: Gifted Advocacy with Ann Sheldon: With so much going on in gifted, it is difficult to keep up. From the gifted operating standards to the new gifted provisions in the federal Every Student Succeeds Act, the landscape for gifted education is ever-changing. Come learn the latest news on all state level gifted initiatives that will profoundly impact gifted children and educators in the future from Ann Sheldon (@anngift) from OAGC.
Here are the questions for our chat:
- What is you opinion on the new operating standards as it relates to both rural and urban gifted students?
- As the new Operating Standards came out, what are some major points teachers need to be aware of?
- What are some areas that OAGC lobbied for that you thought were important that made it into the operating standards?
- What areas of the new operating standards do you still have concerns about?
- What direction do you want to see the next version of the operating standards go toward?