Dec. 4: Classroom Placement: What is the best classroom placement for your gifted child? Is it in a pull out program, a classroom where co-teaching with regular ed and gifted intervention specialist together, self contained classroom, or home school?
Getting placements of gifted children in the right the first time is an important aspect of gifted education. I blogged about this with a post entitled Where do you Stand on Gifted Education? and Getting it Right. I encourage you to check those posts out.
Below is the questions for our chat:
1. What should be looked at when deciding what the appopriate placement for a gifted child should be?
2. What would be some solutions to a placement of a gifted child that isn't working as it was intended?
3. What are the most common placements that are most often used in your school or homeschool community?
4. During the process of placing a gifted child in a new setting, what are the roles of parents, teachers, and advocates have?
5. What are some resources that could be used to help ensure the placement of a gifted child is successful?
We hope to see you at this chat!