For this chat the questions are based on topics. Check out the questions below.
Characteristics, Identification & Testing, and Identity Formation
- Question 1: How do you cultivate acceptance of your child’s giftedness?
- Question 2: What are the barriers to communication?
- Question 3: Why do some children react positively to challenges while other children buckle under perceived pressure?
Discipline and Self-Management
- Question 4: What are some strategies you use during discipline?
Stress and Depression
- Question 5.1: What are some ways you use to relieve stress?
- Question 5.2: How do you know when depression becomes a problem?
Acquaintances, Peers, and Bullying
- Question 6: What is the difference between an acquaintance and a friend?
- Question 7: What do you think of the idea that conflict with parents and siblings helps a child carve out a separate identity?
Traditions, Parenting, Media
- Question 8.1: Many gifted children see themselves as non-conformists. How does this affect family traditions?
- Question 8.2: In the busy lives of parents, do you find yourselves responding to what feels urgent rather than to what is important?