Our first chat of Oct. is on Closing the Excellence Gap. This chat was inspired by Jonathon Plunker's Keynote Topic for the 2016 OAGC Fall Conference. I hope you can join us on Sunday at 9pm ET.
Here are the questions for the chat.
1. What are reasons that might be given for many gifted children not showing adequate yearly growth?
2. How can we diversify our gifted programs in urban areas where low income and minority students aren't fairly represented?
3. How can we as Gifted Coordinators, GIS, advocates, teachers and parents begin to close the Excellence Gap between low income minority and white students, and between low income and more advantaged students?
4. Our country has spent billions of dollars are spent on interventions that focus on minimal competencies. How can we expect Excellence Gaps to improve if we only focus on the minimum?
5. How can parents, teachers, administrators help raise the issues of the Excellence Gap to our representatives and congressman who write policy for education?
To get ready for this chat here are some websites that you can use that Heather compiled.