The last of the 2016 #ohiogtchat is upon us. The final chat will be Sunday Dec. 18th at 9pm ET. Our topic is Differentiation: Once a term only used in gifted and special ed circles, now differentiation has become a hot topic among general education teachers. Administrators look to see how teachers are differentiating in their classrooms. Is today's idea of differentiation still what we considered years ago? What have been the ramifications of generalizing this technique?
Here are the questions for this chat:
- How has the view of differentiation changed over the decade in education?
- What are some issues/concerns you have, or you have heard from regular education and gifted education teachers, about implementing differentiation in the classroom?
- What are some expectations that administrators place on educators to make sure differentiation takes place across all learning levels of children?
- What are the consequences of generalizing differentiation across all learning levels of children?
- How do educators contribute to the positive or negative views on differentiation in the regular and gifted education classrooms?